Flooding Cleanup Service in Nampa, Idaho
What to Do If Your Home Is Flooded
TURN TO US FOR FLOOD REMEDIATION SERVICES IN Nampa, ID
Is your toilet overflowing? Is any of your appliances leaking? Are your rain gutters clogged, or did you experience a flash flood? If you want to save your home and belongings and protect them from irreparable damage, you need to act fast. Contact us for flood clean up services in Nampa, ID.
DrierHomes, serving Nampa, ID, recommends doing the following to prevent further damage to your home:
- Turn off the water source if you can identify where the water is coming from — there are usually shut-off valves behind your toilets and sinks.
- Turn off all electricity – shut off your circuit breaker to prevent electrical shocks – but make sure you don’t touch your circuit breaker if it is wet
- Call a damage restoration team – at DrierHomes we’re available 24/7 for flood remediation services with a 60-minute or less response time.
COMMON REASONS BASEMENTS FLOOD
Is water pooling in your basement? You can rely on DrierHomes for top-tier flood remediation – basement flood clean up services. Basement flooding is usually caused by…
- Excessive rain
- Melting snow
- Failed sump pumps
- Sewer backups
- Poor yard drainage
We’ll contain and remove the water from your basement, and then get started on the repair process. Reach out to our team today for flood repair services in Nampa, ID.
Call 208-202-9558 now to speak with a member of our team.
The time taken to do a home flooding cleanup or restoration will depend on the severity of the flood and the damage to the affected areas on your property. At DrierHomes, we begin by assessing the situation, and we go over the cleanup and restoration plan with you. We will then remove the water and any unsalvageable items (if any) from your property, clean, sanitize, and deodorize the affected areas, and start the dry-out process with our specialized drying equipment. We always work as swiftly as possible since we realize how important it is to act quickly in water damage situations.
If the water damages have not been addressed properly and in a timely manner, there could be risks both to your property and health. A flooded home can result in severe damage to the structure of your home which can reduce its market value, while also endangering your safety and that of your family. If left unattended, water damage will result in mold and bacteria that can negatively impact your health. Shortness of breath, dizziness, headaches, and skin and eye irritation, are a few health hazards you can feel when returning to a flooded home that has not been cleaned properly.
There are a few things you can do to save your valuable possessions in the event of a flood:
- Move all valuable objects that you can lift to a dry place.
- If water is coming out from the ceiling, try to remove any objects standing below the water damage (a sofa, for example). If it is not possible to move them, cover them with plastic.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between the furniture legs and wet carpet/floor to avoid further damage
- If you have any fur or leather clothing, make sure you hang them separately to dry at room temperature. This way you’ll prevent them from getting a wet smell.